If you are buying a smartwatch for the first time, you’ll soon discover plenty of options to choose from that will fit your style and price.
Smartwatches for ladies are stylish and practical as they offer the convenience of having all your valuable information right at your wrist while also complementing your look, and the best smartwatches for women are top quality smartwatches that strikes the balance between style and functionality.
It is one thing to have a good-looking smartwatch to accessorize with and it is another to have a top-quality female smartwatch that functions properly and also complements your look.
To help you make a guided decision on choosing a female smartwatch, we reviewed different smartwatches from different brands to help you test, compare and pick out the best smartwatches for women, ladies and young girls in 2022.
Top Rated Smartwatches for Women
These are the top-rated best smartwatches for women to buy in 2022:
- Best overall smartwatch for iPhone users: Apple Watch Series 4.
- Best smartwatch overall for Android users: Samsung Galaxy Watch.
- Most stylish: Fossil Gen 4 Q Venture.
- Best for sports & fitness: Fitbit Versa Smartwatch.
- Best for music lovers: Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music Smartwatch.
- Budget friendly under $100: Pebble Time Watch.
Just like alexa, there are lots of features built into the modern-day smartwatch, which includes fitness tracking, get notifications (weather forecast, SMS, missed calls) from your phone, listen to music, contactless payment features etc. These are some of the features you will find on many smartwatches available today. We put all these into consideration and have shortlisted the best smartwatches for women, ladies and girls below.
The 6 Best Smartwatches for Women in 2022
To help you make the perfect choice, we tested, reviewed and found the best smartwatches for women with unique finishing touches, premium design, interesting features and great performance that will serve as a great fit for any event, suit your lifestyle and will help you live a healthier life.
Here then is a reviewed list of the best smartwatches for women:
1. Our #1 pick: Apple Watch Series 4
Best overall smartwatch if you use an iPhone.
- OS: Watch OS 5
- Display: OLED
- Size: 40mm/44mm
- Battery: 2 days
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Heart Rate: Yes
- Connectivity: LTE, GPS, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Works with: iOS.
The Apple watch series 4 is one of the best smart watches for ladies who use an iPhone especially the smaller version which is 40mm. The design is spectacular, a wider screen that lets you see more at a glance, yet not bulky plus the new Infograph watch face that lets you see more com
plications at a glance.
The Series 4 looks stylish as well sporty, a perfect fit for your workout routine and also a matching fit for the office. The watch face can be changed same as the 20mm straps.
The Apple watch series happens to be one of the best smart watches because it offers a huge range of features which includes;
- A new speaker which makes Siri chats and phone calls sound louder and clearer.
- It has the most dramatic design change since the original, bringing new screen which stretches to the edges of the devices. It comes in two sizes 40mm and 44mm sizes (in comparison to 38mm and 42mm). That means more space to show off all the latest software features introduced in watch OS 5.
- Ultra-fast processor running on Apple’s S4 64-bit dual-core processor.
- It has a built-in electrical heart rate sensor for taking electrocardiograms. The Apple Watch can monitor your heart rhythm and suggest you see a doctor if it detects something irregular, it can also detect if you take a hard fall, calling emergency services to assist you.
- It has a battery life of just two days.
Things we like
- It has a larger display screen than most.
- It has lifesaving metrics.
- It is water resistant
- Voice calls are now clearer with the new design.
- The new info graph watch face lets you see more at a glance
Things we dislike
- Battery life has not improved.
- Not compactable with other OS and devices outside Apple inc.
2. Best android smartwatch: Samsung Galaxy Watch
The Best android smartwatch for ladies and girls.
- OS: Wear OS by Google
- Display: Amoled
- Size: 40mm
- Battery: 36hrs
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Heart Rate: Yes
- Connectivity: LTE, GPS, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Works with: IOS, Android
- RAM: 728MB
- Storage: 4GB
Samsung seems to have gotten a whole lot right with the Samsung Galaxy watch, the design of the watch is superb and the features and functions are actually wonderful. The Samsung galaxy watch has a premium and classic design considering the top-notch finish that gives it an outstanding appearance.
It is very easy to access, it has the famous rotating bezel plus two physical buttons by the side, not too protruding and is also touchscreen. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is a sleek and simple smart watch for ladies with a new emphasis on fitness and activity tracking. The watch has a 1.1-inch display in a 40mm casing. It works only on Bluetooth and comes in four different colors to suit the female taste.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active is programmed with a host of interesting features which includes;
- Galaxy Watch Active lets you send customizable replies using speech-to-text, emoticons or its intuitive keyboard while your phone is charging.
- It is installed with a health and fitness coach program that aims to help you get ahead of your workouts, rather than just track them.
- It features an innovative ’Wireless Power Share’, the galaxy Watch Active will be able to charge wirelessly on the back of the new Galaxy S10.
- The Galaxy Watch Active looks and feels like a slimmed-down version of last year’s Galaxy Watch just without the rotating bezel hence feels a lot lighter than the previous generation.
- It has a battery life of 45-90 hours depending on how it’s been used.
- The Galaxy Watch Active’s specs are pretty impressive. It has 4GB of storage, 0.75GB of RAM, and a 1.15Ghz processor.
- It supports Wi-Fi so you can connect to the internet without burning through your phone’s cellular data.
- The Galaxy Active has Bluetooth onboard so you can pair the watch with wireless headphones and go workout without your phone.
- Wireless charging
- Light weight
- RAM 728MB
- Swim friendly.
- Looks classic and stylish
- It doesn’t charge fast
- It’s slightly heavy
3. Most stylish: Fossil Women Gen 4 Q Venture Touchscreen Smartwatch
Most Stylish and best designer’s smartwatch for ladies.
Body: Interchangeable stainless-steel case and strap.
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, HRM, GPS.
Connectivity: NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.
Water resistance: 3ATM, IP67
Memory/Media: 4GB internal storage, loudspeaker and microphone.
Battery life: 1-2 days
Fossil Gen 4 Q is an ideal fit for all the beauties busy in taking care of their family and work. It is slim, stylish and comes with 40mm casing and a thickness of 13.5mm. The watch is beautified with gemstones surrounding the watch face.
Fossil Gen 4 Venture is a classy and very attractive smartwatch. It is fashion-focused, yet boasts of a wide range of features from fitness tracking, notifications and overall appearance that makes it a perfect companion for women. The Gen 4 Q venture has inbuilt GPS for outdoor activity tracking, NFC that supports Google pay contactless payment system and HRM that automatically tracks your heart rate.
The Gen 4 Q Venture is built for durability, the display is awesome, it’s just the perfect size for women at 1.2 inches screen size and a case size at 40mm rounds it up as a great choice for women. The straps come in stainless steel, but you can replace that with 18mm straps you like. The AMOLED display is lively and interactive enough, bright and readable under all ambient conditions.
The watch face can be customized to your feel with any image of your choice. One downside is the battery life which is not so great. Some of its interesting features includes;
- It is fashion focused and designed with gem stones around it
- It supports Google pay and has GPS tracking
- Its case size is small and just perfect for the ladies
- It features AMOLED display
- Classy design and glamour.
- There is GPS for outdoor activity tracking.
- The Straps and watch faces are customizable.
- It has a LED flashlight that comes handy during an emergency.
- Customizable buttons.
- There is a loudspeaker, microphone and Google pay.
- Poor battery life
If what you need isn’t just any type of smartwatch, but to wear one of the best smartwatches and still keep your classy style intact for any occasion, then the Fossil Gen 4 smartwatch is the best smartwatch for you.
4. Best budget: Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music Smartwatch
Best GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage and Playback.
Water Resistance: 50m
Heart Rate: Yes
Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi
Works with: IOS, Android
The Garmin Vivoactive music smartwatch is a top-rated smartwatch for women who loves music. If you like to have your music with you everywhere you go, this is the perfect smartwatch for you.
The design of the Garmin Vivoactive 3 music suggests a perfect smartwatch for women because of its light weight at just 39 grams. Secondly the screen size is just 1.2 inch in a 43 mm case, it isn’t bulky. The circular face combined with the detailed stylish finishes makes it a perfect companion for ladies.
The Garmin VivoActive 3 Music is recommended for swimmers too who own an Android phone, the design is sleek and suitable for all wrist sizes, it offers swim tracking features from time and distance to stroke and SWOLF, However, it doesn’t track open water swimming.
The Garmin VivoActive 3 Music is water proof to 50 meters, and as the name suggests has internal storage space for your own music. The watch comes preloaded with quite a few extra activities that you can monitor: from strength training to cardio, indoor rowing, swimming, cycling and more. The smart watch is embedded with lots of interesting features which includes;
- It features contactless payments that utilizes NFC so you can buy your coffee with just your wrist.
- It comes with more advanced HR sensor bringing constant 24×7 HR recording.
- Garmin watches tend to have poor battery life, a fully charged Vivoactive 3 Music lasts up to seven days in smartwatch mode and five hours using the GPS and playing music via Bluetooth.
- It features lots of interesting sport mode, this isn’t just a running watch, but has everything from cycling to yoga, pool swimming to rowing. You can customize these individually (plus Connecting to IQ apps gets you more sport modes).
- It also delivers notifications from your phone. You can even reply to text messages directly from the watch, but only if it’s paired with an Android device.
What we like
- On device music storage
- Advanced HR sensor
- Features contact less payment
What we did not like
- No LTE
- Poor battery
5. Best for fitness and sports: Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
The best smartwatch for fitness and sports activities.
OS: Proprietary OS
Display: 1.34-inch display 300 x 300
Memory: Saves seven days of detailed motion data
Battery: Lithium-polymer 4 Days of Battery Life
Water resistant: 50m
Heart rate: yes
Compactable with: Android
The Fitbit Versa is a very sleek smart watch which is slim and comes in a small case to suit the lady’s wrist. The smart watch is focused mainly on health and fitness tracking and I must tell you they have earned that trust not only from just me, but lots of product reviewers. The Versa has tons of fitness tracking features, the most notable are 15+ sport modes to choose from, on-screen workouts courses for guidance and even a female health tracking feature that let you log periods.
The best of it all is the high fitness tracking accuracy of the Versa. Fitbit versa is one of the lightest smartwatches due to its ultra-thin, anodized aluminum case and slightly tapered and angled design that has been built to fit small or large wrists. However, this lightweight material does make it feel a little cheap at times, something to keep in mind if you’re wanting the Versa to be more of a lifestyle watch and you like the weighty, premium build of fancy watches.
It doesn’t have GPS, instead it relies on your smartphone for GPS connectivity. Additional features are call and text alerts with quick reply features, automatic sleep tracking, exercise mode and connected GPS, swimming feature, smart track, cardio fitness level, contactless payments and more. It has lithium polymer battery with 4 days of battery life.
Some special features of the Fitbit versa include:
- It comes with interchangeable straps of different colors to suit your daily fashion
- It comes with a vibrant colorful touchscreen display
- It gives a work out summary at the end of your work out
- Contactless payment
- Clear and easily used interface.
- Light weight.
- Improved interface for fitness stat readout.
- Clear display.
- Poor battery life.
- No GPS.
6. Best on a budget: Pebble Time Watch
Budget friendly women smartwatch under $100
OS: Pebble OS
Water Resistance: Yes 30m
Works with: Android, iOS
Connectivity: Bluetooth, GPS.
The pebble smart watch is a smart watch for ladies because it comes with a thinner body that curves slightly to fit your wrist, a curved piece of glass over its new display, and a stainless-steel bezel framing.
- The Pebble Time features a built-in microphone that you can use to respond to messages and alerts via voice.
- They worked with both Android and iOS.
- The pebble time is water resistant to 30 meters.
- It is light and comfortable to wear for extended periods, and it’s not as big or bulky as Android Wear watches.
- It allows you to see incoming alerts and messages on your wrist instead of digging out your phone.
- It supports voice replies on Android, so you can dictate quick messages while your phone remains in your bag.
- The Time can also be used as a rudimentary step counter, and it can remotely control the music on your smartphone.
- It comes with pebble cam which let you remotely activate your phone’s camera.
Timeline works well.
Impressive battery life.
Waterproof to 30m.
Limited iOS features.
Fitness app not polished enough.
Buying Guide and How to Choose the Best Women Smartwatch for you
As a lady, to get a smart watch, there are certain features one needs to consider before purchasing. If you are really serious about getting a smartwatch, the first thing you have to do in other to make decisions on which smart watch to go for is to first know what you really need a smartwatch for.
Things to Consider
Consider the case size
Various Smart watches comes in Various case sizes, basically anything less than 44mm is great because women have thinner wrist compared to men, you don’t want it too big as it will look so bulky and maybe ugly as well.
Check for thickness
The slimmer the better because it would look sleeker and more feminine. Anything below 13 mm is great. Slimmer smartwatches look more adorable and befitting for women.
Consider the Strap size
Ladies most times look out for how wide the strap is to avoid putting on a watch that look so bulky and giving it a masculine look. The straps don’t have to be too wide; it should be thinner. 18mm and 20mm are great. Sometimes You should also measure your wrist in terms of circumference, so that you don’t end up with a too long strap. Most straps come in 175 – 190 mm long which is great.
Color matters, flashy colors are more attractive and looks adorable on women. We all know the pink gang, rose-gold and white. These are some colors that are best appropriate for women. Sometimes a smart watch comes with detachable straps of different colors which makes you change the straps to suit the color of your outfit for the day, especially for the fashionistas.